Monday, November 9, 2009

Waiting..........

I've been reading Jennifer's tweets all day and waiting for word of Stellan's surgery. It was a success!!!! I actually cried and I don't even know these people, crazy!

So Day 2 of posting for me and here I am :) I spent much of today actually listening to myself and making conscious choices of the words I used with the kids. I celebrated their little victories with them and used kind discipline when it was necessary. Definitely a good start. Today, I was the Mom that I hope to be daily. I was kind and loving but firm when necessary without being frustrated or yelling. Now I know that not every day will be met with this patience but I'd like to ratio to be much more of these days versus the other.

I also watched my words with DH as well. I can't really elaborate as to why he's in a rough place but he is and I'm trying to be supportive and nurturing instead of annoyed and inpatient. And I'm doing this for myself, because this is the person I want to be so it's actually incredibly rewarding to go to bed at night without regret.

One other thing I'm trying to focus on is my weight as well. I take part in a large "event" that is scheduled for late next summer and I need to lose at least forty pounds by then. So today I worked out for about 35 min. I'm working on a pledge to do 40 min/5 times a week. I also drank some water in lieu of my favorite caffeinated cola.

I finally feel like I'm coming out of my "funk". All of these little changes that I'm making are reminding me of who I am and who I want to be. I often feel like people don't really get me. They don't understand why I want to be better. Most think because the house is fairly clean and the kids are fairly well behaved that I should be happy. Don't get me wrong, I am happy but I want more. I always seem to want more.

No comments:

Post a Comment