Tuesday, November 17, 2009

You know those days?

Those days where you question whether or not it was a good idea for you to dedicate your life to your kids? Yeah, today was one of those days. So many things on my to-do list and stopping constantly to break up fights, pour juices, and tie shoes wasn't on my list. I just wanted to get some stuff accomplished so I could cross off the ever present list in my head. I yelled entirely too much, I threatened things I knew I wouldn't do because it would only further impede my progress, and I hugged WAY too little.

So tonight, I sat down and gave myself a good talking to. They are only little kids, they aren't doing things just to annoy me. (Ok, so sometimes they are doing that but still.....) I need to chill out! So I did some things that would make our morning less stressful and I put this day away and I promised myself I'd start tomorrow fresh.

I invest so much in my life at home that sometimes I forget to take a step back and look at what we've created. Kind of goes back to the whole thankfulness thing. I am so thankful for what we have. I also have to live this day to day life of full time Mommy, part time student, and whatever else falls into my lap. I'm not great about giving myself a break. I don't let the kids watch tv all day because although that's easier for me, it's not good for them. I don't leave my kids with others too often because they are my kids and I want to be with them. I volunteer at both schools because I think it's important to be involved in my kids education. I'm trying to get A's in both of my classes because I spent so much time screwing up in my early 20's that I have time to make up for. I cook dinner 6/7 nights. And I do all of this because it's what I want to do and days like today, I have to take a step back and remember WHY I do this. I do this because those 3 little people count on me to keep my cool. They count on me to be there and be supportive. So I'm not perfect but I WILL make tomorrow a better day and the hugs/kisses will outweigh the yelling!

No comments:

Post a Comment